Kaseya has released their 2020 State of IT Operations Report. Here’s some highlights.
- Fifty-three percent of respondents cite cybersecurity and data protection as their biggest challenge, and 58% say improving IT security is their top priority.
- Twelve percent of IT practitioner respondents experienced a data breach this year, while another 17% had one in the past three.
- 60% of SMBs believe Google, Microsoft, and Salesforce are automatically and securely backing up their data as part of their standard package.
- More than one-third (34%) of IT leaders say budget cuts are their biggest challenge this year.
- And, downtime is shifted in priority, from 24% in 2019 to 39% in 2020 as a top organizational priority.
Why do we care?
A bit to unpack here.
Let’s start with that education stat – if 60% of SMBs believe backups are just automatically part of the service… that isn’t just providers. There’s an implication from the services that they are happy to leave in place. Be aware of that as you work with customers, because its in the services best interest to leave that ambiguous.
I’m not surprised to hear budget cuts are an issue – everyone is watching costs. The theme that’s emerged from several analysts is that the choppy waters will result in those cost reductions by customers, while also putting pressure on to do more.
Source: Channel Futures