Each day, the flood of technology news hits. In an industry that always changes, those who deliver technology services need to focus on the information that matters to them. The Business of Tech podcast focuses on the news you need to know. Covering both the story and why it matters to the way services are created and delivered, channel veteran Dave Sobel brings you up to speed and gives you resources to go deeper. With insights and analysis, this five minute podcast focuses on the knowledge you need to be effective, profitable, and relevant.
The podcast is hosted by Dave Sobel, a leading expert in the delivery of technology services with broad experience in both technology and business. He owned and operated an IT Solution Provider and MSP for over a decade, both acquiring other organizations and eventually being acquired. This firm was a winner of multiple awards, including Kaseya’s Cutting Edge and ConnectWise’s Best New Idea, as well as being a finalist for Microsoft’s Worldwide Partner of the Year in the Small Business Specialist category. After his MSP experience, he worked for multiple vendors at such companies as Level Platforms, GFI, LogicNow, and Solarwinds, leading community, event, marketing, and product strategies, as well as several M&A activities.
He was named a CRN Channel Chief multiple times, to the CRN UK A-List, as a Channel Futures Circle of Excellence winner, to Channel Pro’s 20/20 Visionaries, and has been an MSPmentor 250 member for multiple years Dave has been recognized as one of the top virtualization experts globally as a Microsoft MVP for Virtualization. and author of “Virtualization: Defined. A Primer for the SMB Consultant.” Dave has served on the executive council for Managed Services and Emerging Technologies, the Vendor Advisory Council, as founding Chair for the Mobility Community for CompTIA.
News and commentary delivered daily from experience.
The Podcast is available for free.
The Website is a Patreon Benefit
Supporters of the Business of Tech get access to the entire written version of the podcast stories, as well as the ability to comment and discuss. To support independent news and analysis of the technology services space, just connect your Patreon and support using our “Give What You Want” model.
My goal is to provide information and value to the broader IT consulting channel, including vendors and partners of all sizes. If you deliver IT services, I believe I have a perspective to offer.
To that end, I have established a set of guiding principles.
- When I make a mistake, I strive to correct the error promptly and disclose the correction to listeners.
- I maintain the anonymity of my sources when asked to do so and when they are sharing information I believe to be in the public interest.
- I honor embargoed statements from companies in the space.
- My paid consulting assignments are advisory in nature. I am hired to present my opinions in detail.
- Advertisements are clearly delineated within the content of my shows.
- I currently own stock in SolarWinds (SWI), which was part of my compensation from employment between 2013 and 2019.
- I make every effort to follow the FTC guidelines in my business efforts.
- If you find something that requires clarification, please ask.