That Indeed Report from last week? Let’s revisit it. Surveying 616 IT professionals who worked in an office and now have switched to full-time remote work…
- 96% believe working from home is here to stay
- Six in 10 workers would be willing to take a pay cut to work from home
- 48% surveyed now have the option to work from home permanently, and 95% said they plan to take their employers up on the offer
- 55% of tech workers said if they change jobs, they’ll look for one with flexible or hybrid options, and more than one-third want a permanently remote job
- Only 7% want a job that requires them to be in the office full time
- 60% of tech workers plan to look for a new job within the next 12 months – for a variety of reasons.
- Over half of tech workers plan to move in the next 12 months, and 42% have already moved because of the ability to work from home.
- Diversity may be a benefit for the trend – two thirds predict a more diverse workforce
- But they may not wander too far… 76% believe its important to remain close to a tech hub.
Why do we care?
For owners of technology services firms… this is what your employees are saying. You’re rebuilding your business. Work from home is different from digital parity, and successful companies will be making the investments in changing the way their operations are implemented.
How will you handle reviews? Promotions? Compensation? Team building? What will your office space look like.
This is not a temporary change. The world has changed, and you need to be rebuilding for that….. and using technology with customers to accomplish this with them.